Why I love this recipe
These brownie bites are so perfect for the holidays because you can choose to use all store-bought ingredients for a quick and easy Christmas dessert OR you can use your favorite brownie and frosting recipes to really make this one your own.
Either way, you’ll have such an adorable dessert that everyone will be raving about at your next holiday party! I personally chose to use gluten-free brownie mix and a tub of pre-made frosting to show you that even with just a few simple store-bought ingredients, you could have a great dessert.
There are also stores that sell brownie bites already baked (Aldi is one of them) and you could just buy those and frost the top and top with a strawberry as well to create a no-bake Christmas dessert. Once you have the method down here, you can start with whatever level of ingredients that you want depending on how much time you have! Truly a versatile dessert!
If you do want to make your own brownies, I recommend these Easy Cocoa Powder Brownies (only 5 ingredients), these Almond Flour Brownies, which are gluten-free and grain-free, or these Olive Oil Brownies, which are dairy-free!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brownie mix – Use your favorite brownie mix for this recipe. I used King Arthur Baking Gluten Free Fudge Brownie Mix but use your favorite! I always like to add additional chocolate chips into my brownie mixes for extra chocolate goodness and texture!
- Canned Frosting – You can use canned vanilla frosting like I did or another flavor, such as cream cheese frosting. You can also use your favorite vanilla buttercream recipe if you’d like.
- Strawberries – Use ripe strawberries that have a nice, red color and green tops for ultimate freshness and flavor. Keep in mind that the strawberries will start to get mushy once they are cut, so for best results refrigerate until ready to serve.
These brownie bites are so simple to make with just a few store-bought ingredients! They are so perfect for your next Christmas party dessert table! Follow these basic steps to make these brownie bites and scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed recipe!
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package’s instructions.
- Either grease or line your mini muffin tin with paper liners. Spoon the brownie mix into the muffin tin. Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Pipe some vanilla frosting onto the brownie bite.
- Place a strawberry with the stem cut off on top of the frosting.
- Pipe a small dollop of frosting on top of the strawberry.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Depending on which brownie mix you use, your brownies may take more or less time in the oven. I like a chewy brownie bite so I tend to bake mine for 18-20 minutes at 350F. Check your brownies starting at the 15-minute mark.
- Use an open star pastry tip (1M) to make the frosting just like I did!
Yes! I actually used a gluten-free brownie mix to make my strawberry santa hat brownie bites gluten-free! Of course, you don’t have to make them gluten-free, but I chose to.
The brownies will dry out if left at room temperature so I normally like to place them in the refrigerator until about an hour before my party. Then I just quickly top with frosting and strawberries
You don’t necessarily need the decorating tip, it just creates a cleaner finish. Instead, place the frosting in a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off the bottom of the bag. Use that as a piping bag!
Bake the brownies in a rectangular pan. Either use a 1.5-inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles OR you can just slice the brownies into small squares and proceed with the recipe using square slices.
Strawberry Santa Hat Brownie Bites
- 1 17 oz. – 18.5 oz. box fudge brownie mix of choice
- eggs, as called for on the brownie mix box
- water, as called for on the brownie mix box
- vegetable oil, as called for on the brownie mix box
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can of pre-made vanilla frosting
- 24 strawberries
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package's instructions.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Either grease or line your mini muffin tin with 24 muffin wells with paper liners.
- Spoon the brownie mix into the muffin tin.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Place the vanilla frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a 1M open star tip. Pipe some vanilla frosting onto the brownie bite in a circle.
- Slice the green stems off of the strawberries. Place a strawberry on top of each brownie bite.
- Pipe a small dollop of frosting on top of the strawberry for the ball of the hat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For best results, serve these brownie bites within 24 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve so that the strawberries do not get mushy.
- Use your favorite brownie mix in this recipe. I used King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Fudge Brownie Mix.
- Use canned vanilla frosting or your favorite vanilla buttercream recipe.